Quadruple Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Known as "The Eye Guy", Dr. Cole is a certified instructor for both laser resurfacing and Botox wrinkle removal, sharing his knowledge through national and international teaching lectures. Dr. Cole is also a fellowship instructor for two university programs training tomorrow's surgeons and has been honored with the Most Outstanding Faculty Award several times. He is also an Amazon #1 Best-Selling author, a loving husband, father of 3, and grandfather of 5 boys. Dr. Cole has been an invited keynote speaker to many prestigious universities and medical meetings.
In over 33 years in business, Dr. Cole has performed over 33,000 surgeries for patients ranging from infants to the elderly. His surgical expertise and artistry continue to be globally recognized.
- Medical School – Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.S., Biology, 1981-1986
- Internship – Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana Internal Medicine Program July 1986 – June 1987
- Residency – Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana Ophthalmology Residency Program July 1987 – June 1990
- Fellowship – Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Ophthalmic Plastic, Facial and Orbital Surgery, July 1990 – June 1992
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine – Named One of Country’s Top 10 Cosmetic Eye Surgeons
- Town and Country Magazine’s Directory – Named as One of America’s Top Cosmetic Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Achievement Award – Golden Scalpel Award (for surgical excellence)
- Ochsner Clinic – Intern of the Year
- James H. Allen Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology
- Marvin H. Quickert Award for Most Outstanding Thesis
- American Medical Association – Physician Recognition Award
- Southern Medical Association – Most Outstanding Research Award, C.S. O'Brien Professorship
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery - Most Outstanding Teacher Award
- Harry Truman Award for community service and leadership
"Love, love, love Oculus! From the staff to the doctors to the facility- everything is top notch! I have recommended Oculus to a handful of my girlfriends and continually rave about their experience."
"Gotta love Dr. Cole! AKA Dr. Awesome!!! He did surgery on my mom last year and people now mistake her for my sister! She’s not a grandma anymore, she’s a Glam-ma!!! Her confidence is through the roof and she wears a smile on her face constantly!"
"I recently had surgery on my eyes performed by Dr.Cole.He did an upper bleph and lowered my upper lid.He also raised my lower lid so that I retain more tears since I suffer from dry eye.Me eyes were so saggy and sad looking,now they are open and beautiful!! I was also told by a former nurse at Northside Hospital that he is the "best" at what he does.Thank you Dr.Cole and staff for a wonderful experience.I am now 2 months post surgery and my eyes look amazing!"
"THE BEST DOCTOR - I was referred to Dr. Harvey Cole by two other doctors to address surgery required to alleviate eye problems. My experience and the results were outstanding. His entire staff went beyond the call of duty throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Dr. Harvey Cole."
"Very happy with my surgery - My recent surgery couldn't have gone better! Dr Cole is truly gifted and such a nice person, so glad I was referred to him!"
Reverse the Signs of Aging Around Your Eyes With an Eyelid Lift
An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, may be able to reduce the signs of aging around your eyes by removing unneeded skin, fat, and muscle.Read
Three Reasons To Consider Lower Facelift Surgery
What are the benefits of a lower facelift, and who is a good candidate for lower facelift surgery? Find out when you should consider lower facelift.Read