"My surgery is Restored from the Inside Out, allowing it to always "Whisper"and never "Scream"
-HP "Chip" Cole, III, MD, FACS
Quadruple Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Known as "The Eye Guy", Dr. Cole is a certified instructor for both laser resurfacing and Botox wrinkle removal, sharing his knowledge through national and international teaching lectures. Dr. Cole is also a fellowship instructor for two university programs training tomorrow's surgeons and has been honored with the Most Outstanding Faculty Award several times. He is also an Amazon #1 Best-Selling author, a loving husband, father of 3, and grandfather of 6 boys. Dr. Cole has been an invited keynote speaker to many prestigious universities and medical meetings.
In over 30 years in business, Dr. Cole has performed over 35,000 surgeries for patients ranging from infants to the elderly. His surgical expertise and artistry continue to be globally recognized.
American Academy of General Cosmetic Surgery
American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Face to Face
- Medical School – Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.S., Biology, 1981-1986
- Internship – Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana Internal Medicine Program July 1986 – June 1987
- Residency – Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana Ophthalmology Residency Program July 1987 – June 1990
- Fellowship – Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Ophthalmic Plastic, Facial and Orbital Surgery, July 1990 – June 1992
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine – Named One of Country’s Top 10 Cosmetic Eye Surgeons
- Town and Country Magazine’s Directory – Named as One of America’s Top Facial Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Achievement Award – Golden Scalpel Award (for surgical excellence)
- Ochsner Clinic – Intern of the Year
- James H. Allen Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology
- Marvin H. Quickert Award for Most Outstanding Thesis
- American Medical Association – Physician Recognition Award
- Southern Medical Association – Most Outstanding Research Award, C.S. O'Brien Professorship
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery - Most Outstanding Teacher Award
- Harry Truman Award for community service and leadership
"Every one at this practice is wonderful. They listen to you and are really helpful about your concerns with your surgery. Dr. Cole is a great doctor."
"From the initial consultation speaking with Julia, I KNEW I’d chosen the BEST place. She was very patient, knowledgeable and held my hand all the way up to my visit with Dr. Cole and Jenny, his warm smile and suggestions made me confident that I scheduled my appointment for surgery before leaving the office. I had a cheek lift and blepharoplasty on December 22, they were so comforting, and occasional follow ups between visits made my recovery even more satisfactory. The picture in the black was taken December 14, 2020 and the picture in the white was taken February 20, 2022. Talking about AHHMAZING results and reversing the time. Julia, Jenny and Dr. Cole are an exceptional DREAM TEAM!"
"Great experience all the way around! Staff and Dr. Cole are amazing, caring and knowledgeable. I highly recommend them."
"I absolutely Love Oculus. Dr Chip was very professional and yet very easy to talk with. My eye lid surgery was performed and successful. And, the staff there are very accommodating in every way. Just a good and trustworthy surgery place."
"I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Cole and his wonderful staff. I was referred for an eye issue and from day 1, I was treated with kind and compassionate care. Everything he was going to do during surgery was explained throughly and there were no unanswered questions. From my first visit to my post op visit, I received the best care. Julia called a couple of times after surgery to follow up and make sure I was comfortable. I more than highly recommend Oculus plastic surgery over and over again!"
Dr. Cole Featured on the 'Beauty and the Biz' Podcast!
Dr. Cole discusses his regrets, mistakes and what he’s doing with social mediaRead
How Long Is the Recovery Time After a Facelift?
Dr. Chip Cole at OCULUS Plastic Surgery offers patients highly skilled facelifts and neck lifts to bring back that youthful appearance.Read
Can Blepharoplasty Treat Loose Skin Obscuring My Vision?
Blepharoplasty can remove loose skin around the eyes to improve your appearance and line of sight. See how our advanced eyelid surgery works here.Read
Reverse the Signs of Aging Around Your Eyes With an Eyelid Lift
An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, may be able to reduce the signs of aging around your eyes by removing unneeded skin, fat, and muscle.Read